AOL is still one of the most famous and well known internet email services in the globe which is preferred by millions of users across the country. Login into AOL email services lets us work with lots of interesting task. But, it is unfortunate to hear that lots of users recently got scared when AOL recently announced a security breach policy for the purpose of saving unnamed number of accounts that accidentally got hacked. If you are one of them who is hit by this virus then, you definitely need to get on it right away by resolving the matter as quick as possible. As this is a matter of hacking, here we will introduce ways to Delete Hacked AOL Email Account by describing each step in complete details.
Users will receive warning alerts like “We have found unusual activity on this email account.”, “Your inbox is occupied with MAILER-DAEMON rejection notices for messages you did not send”, “Your account folders (Sent, Deleted, Spam, Draft, Inbox, etc.) have been completely deleted and lots of more are there that may appear when your AOL account has been hacked. Let’s see below steps to resolve the problem.
Steps to Delete Hacked AOL Email Account
Step 1: change the password
1. AOL will ask users about security questions by asking them to provide correct answers while signing up. If they don’t remember the correct answer then, simply they will be asked to click on “hit the forgot answer” icon
2. Next, users will receive an email to their alternate email address or alternate phone number which is directly linked to the account.
3. Now, navigate to the “General Account Information” page and after that, select the “Change Your Password” icon.
Step 2: Reviewing personal details
1. Hackers will try to gain access to the account by just adding their own personal contact information to the user’s account. So, the next step here is simply to check each area of your account information including First and Last Name, Email, and Account Recovery information.
Step 3: Handling the security process
1. Two-factor authentication is one of the newest ways to keep hackers out of your account getting under their access. This two-step authentication process will ask users to enter a code which will be sent to their chosen mobile device each time they try to log in their email account.
2. Now here easily turn on the two-step authentication process in the “Settings” menu.
3. After that click on “Set Up” link just under the Two-Factor Authentication section and this page will guide users on how the process will actually work
4. Click on “Get Started” option to proceed ahead.
Step 4: Secure other accounts
1. The next step will be securing your AOL account which can be done by changing the account passwords quickly and re-entering them with all different names.
Step 5: Debugging the computer
1. It is suggested for users to run an antivirus product if anything suspicious happens.
Step 6: Get an expert guidance if nothing works out
1. It is quite possible that hackers have changed your account password if it’s the case that you are logged out of the account. So, try to reset the password by clicking on the “Forgot password option on the login screen” icon.
Step 7: Clean Your Inbox
1. To avoid getting any such suspicious activities, it is suggested to clean off your inbox account by deleting all your unwanted emails.
Get connected to AOL Mail Technical Support number for more such problems related to AOL account
For any kind of AOL email problems, get in touch at AOL Mail Tech Support Number +1-844-502-0074 which is available 24*7 hours a day for users to help them out in their queries. We deliver immediate response to your problems with one of a kind solution by satisfying users with our solutions. Call us now and get your headache solved instantly.
You can also read :- AOL Email Helpline Phone Number +1-844-502-0074
Source Url :- How to Delete Hacked AOL Email Account